Instructions to Contributors
How to Submit an Article
1. Articles should be word processed and printed on 8 1/2” x 11” paper, double-spaced, with all tables, music examples, photographs, and art work submitted as the author intends them to be printed. Please utilize Microsoft Word and be certain that the file has a .doc or .docx suffix. Use endnotes rather than footnotes; do not embed a code for endnotes, please use superscripts in the text and type the endnotes separately. You may also elect to use an Author-Date citation method in accordance with Turabian or APA. Also, enclose the Word file on a labelled CD-Rom.
2. Style and format of the articles should adhere as closely as possible to current editions of: Kate L. Turabian, A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations, (Chicago: University of Chicago Press). Empirical studies in music education, however, may conform to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, (Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association).
3. The current address, phone number, and email address of the author should be included in order to facilitate direct communication and to enable the sending of a complimentary copy of the Journal if selected for publication.
4. A brief biographical sketch of the author should be included with the submission.
5. Submitting an article indicates that it has not been published previously nor is it currently submitted for publication elsewhere, either in its entirety or in part.
6. Submit one printed copy of the proposed article and a CD-Rom to:
Dr. John R. Locke, Editor
Journal of Band Research
UNCG School of Music
P.O. Box 26170
Greensboro, NC 27402-6170